Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Topsy Turvy Birthday Card

When I started this card, I was headed in a whole different direction.  I love when that happens if I am happy with the results.  This is going to be a birthday card for my niece who is turning 14 this year.  She is past that little girl stage that is easy to make cards for but not totally into the flowers and all that yet.  I thought Topsy Turvy would be perfect.  I used the color challenge over at Create with Connie and Mary.  When I saw the colors, I was thinking of using the Swallowtail (my new favorite stamp) but then I realized that I had loaned it to someone so I headed in a different direction using Topsy Turvy.  

First, I stamped the cake using the Stamp-a-ma-Jig.  This is my favorite tool when I want something perfect. Since I am not a perfectionist, I don't use it often but if something needs to be lined up, it is my go-to tool.  I then used the paper piercer and the Labels Collection Framelits.  The Designer Series Paper, Sunshine & Sprinkles has all three colors in it so I pulled some of that out but stayed away from the parts that were a little heavy on the blue.  I added a gray button from the Neutrals Buttons and voila!




5 comments :

  1. Yum, your whimsical cake is dreamy! I love all your extra details as they all come together for a clean and perfect card. Thanks for playing along with our color challenge at CCMC this week. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! This would make an awesome "over the hill" card with the gray layer on the cake...would tie right in! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun this is! I just love this set anyway and these color are just so happy with it! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun card! Your niece is going to love it! Love your multi-coloured birthday cake and the added button just adds that little something extra! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card for a young teen! Love this image and it works perfectly with the challenge colors! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete