Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wicked Cool

I really think that I bought this stamp set for its name.  The image with the witch boots is my favorite but I didn't even use it on this card.  I have been planning to do the Saturday Challenge at Pink Paper Bakery for weeks and I knew this was the perfect stamp set for it.  The challenge is to create a card with masking or reverse masking.  I chose reverse masking to give the impression of the moon behind the candelabra.  I stamped the image in black first.  To create the moon, I punched a 1 3/8" circle out of a rectangle piece of cardstock.  Instead of using the circle, I used the rectangle piece as a stencil and sponged the moon.  Now, I had the image I wanted but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it.  Then, I came upon the Fab Friday sketch challenge and it all just came together.
I love the bats stamped on the First Edition DSP and the button adds a finishing touch.  I really had a lot of fun with this card and I hope that you enjoy it.

Supplies: Wicked Cool stamp set; Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie and Very Vanilla cardstock; Black Staz-On Ink; Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink, sponge, neutral buttons, linen thread, First Edition DSP & Polka Dot Parade DSP


4 comments :

  1. Very spooky! Love the reversed masked moon and the bats on the First Ed. DSP! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww super cute! Love the way you layered your strips and the stamped bats. Your circle with the moon is great! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love this! I love the glow behind the candelabra, and the stamping on your banners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Great idea with the bats!!

    ReplyDelete