Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday Makeover - Gently Falling

I love catchy little titles and so it seems I have come upon my new Monday theme.  There are so many beautiful cards on the internet and in the Stampin' Up! catalog but many of them are not practical for mass production or even just making a single one when you don't have everything you need.  I have decided that Monday will be the day when I take one of these wonderful WOW projects and show you how to simplify but still end up with a beautiful card.  The card that I am featuring today is one that I saw on someone's blog.  I apologize for not remembering whose but if it is you, let me know so I can give you the credit you deserve.  I had to make this card because it was absolutely beautiful.

To make it, you stamp the images on the single piece of cardstock and then trim it down into 3 equal pieces and mount with dimensionals.  The antique brad is the perfect touch with the linen thread tied around it.  I love this card but when I saw it, I was looking for a card that our card ministry could mass produce in a small amount of time.  I really liked the look but I knew there was no way that we could make 40 in an hour.  So, I created a simplified version and I really like how it turned out.
It is the same card but it doesn't have to be cut into pieces, there is no brad or thread to be tied.  I think the piece of this card that I like the most is the vanilla background layer that the top layer is adhered to with dimensionals.  The colors are More Mustard, Cajun Craze and Garden Green, all perfect for the fall.


No comments :

Post a Comment