Thursday, March 27, 2014

Throwback Thursday...You're My Type

Do you find yourself gravitating toward stamp sets and images that bring back memories?  That is what today's stamp set does for me.  When I saw "You're My Type" in the Occasions Catalog last year, immediately I was taken back to my childhood and remembering the days of typing on my grandfather's typewriter.  He had a home office in which I loved to pretend that I was a secretary typing important documents.  I even remember when he upgraded to the typewriter that stored a line of typing and then printed when you came to the end of the line.  I was big stuff playing with that!  Those memories aren't so much about the typewriter as they are about my grandfather.  He was a wonderful man whom I adored.  He was a huge part of my life and I feel so fortunate to have had him for the 17 years that I did.  When I went looking for a picture of him, I found this one of him with me.  Despite the dress, I absolutely love the picture.   So, in memory of my sweet Pop Pop, I share with you today's samples.  


This first sample is one that I made and it is still one of my favorites.  I used paper piecing to make it look as though the paper had been typed on.  Between the vintage tags and the First Edition DSP, the whole look I was trying to achieve came together.  I really miss that DSP!













The next samples are ones that I received at Stampin' Up! events.  Unfortunately, neither has a name on the back so I can't give credit to the people who made them.  If you are reading this and they are yours, let me know and I will add your name.


In an attempt to organize my stamp room, I am going through my retired stamp sets and keeping only the ones that mean something to me or that I use often.  I am storing any samples that I have using that set in the case with the stamps.  How do you organize your samples?  I would love to hear!!!
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment