Monday, March 24, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches #128 & Baby We've Grown

I never thought I would say it but I LOVE watercoloring!  I used to play around with the watercolor paper and inks but I was always disappointed with how it turned out.  In fact, it was so bad that I was pretty sure I could pass it off as my 3-yr old's work.  At our leadership conference in January, I finally learned how to watercolor and it is so much easier than I was making it.  Now, it is all I want to do.  Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of stamps that can be watercolored because I have always been drawn to the solid images.  The little bunny from Baby, We've Grown is my new favorite stamp.  I really need to order some line image stamps but until then, I will keep coloring this little guy.  He reminds me of the Velveteen Rabbit.  The sketch over on Freshly Made Sketches made me pull out the little rabbit again and I love how this card turned out.


Stamping Supplies
  • 133086(wood) or 133089(clear) Baby We've Grown Stamp Set
  • 101406 Black StazOn Ink
  • 126986 Island Indigo Classic Ink
  • 131174 Baked Brown Sugar Classic Ink
  • 131296 Baked Brown Sugar cardstock
  • 122959 Watercolor Paper
  • 132994 Watercolor Wonder DSP
  • 129327 Very Vintage Designer Button
  • 132982 Natural Chevron Ribbon (reverse side)
  • 125575 Island Indigo Baker's Twine
  • 103954 Aqua Painter
  • Snail Adhesive, Dimensionals
You can order any of these supplies by clicking the Shop Now button on the right.

post signature

1 comment :

  1. Fabulous job with the watercoloring, Kim! Your card is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete