Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Butterfly Project Remade

I loved the little butterfly box that was shown at Regionals this past weekend.  I decided to try it out with a Halloween theme.  It is a fairly easy box to put together so I think I will make 2 more of them and give them to the boys on Halloween as a little treat.

The box is a window sheet cut to be 3 1/2" x 8" and then scored at 1 1/2", 3 3/4", 5 1/4" and 7 1/2".  I used sticky strip to put it together and it held well.  The top and bottom are made out of the Window Framelit die (not the smallest but the one before it).  Once they are cut, score them to look like the one in the picture.  Once it is put together, tie the ribbon around the top and add a little tag.  I used the Monster Munchies stamp set, black staz-on ink, tangerine tango classic ink, very vanilla cardstock, Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP and the gray striped ribbon in the Holiday Catalog.

Happy Stamping!
Kim

4 comments :

  1. What a clever way to make the top of the box! I must remember that! Thanks for joining us for the favor challenge this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME. I love the use of the window sheet and the framelit for the top and bottom. Cute stampin' and layering. I am thrilled you added to our favor challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little creation! I'll have to try this one. Love the banners! Thanks for joining our Saturday challenge at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY WORD is this every CUTE!!! Let's just say I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT because that truly covers it! Thanks for playing along on the Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Edition 2012 Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete