Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Beach Wedding

I love that what I make out of paper has the power to make people happy.  It is such a good feeling to hear that someone loved a card or gift they received from you.  When a friend of mine asked me to make her wedding invitations, I asked her what she was looking for and she told me "something beachy" using dark blue and pink.  Well, that is a pretty wide open request.  I immediately thought about By the Tide and Midnight Muse.  I wasn't sure how I would tie in the pink until I realized that the coral stamp could be done in Pink Pirouette and not stand out too much.  Crumb Cake was the perfect color to tie it all together.  When it was all done, I had made her invitations, placecards and programs.  She told me that I created a fantastic wedding theme for her which made me so happy.  With a little bit of paper and ink, I helped to make her day special.  Congrats, Katie & Mike!  Thanks for letting me be a part of your wedding!

This first picture is the focal piece that I used on both the invitations and the programs.  The window framelits created the shape.  By the Tide was stamped with Midnight Muse (stamped off twice- writing), Crumb Cake (shell) and Pink Pirouette (coral).  The letter comes out of Morning Post and is stamped in Midnight Muse at full strength.  I paper pierced the midnight muse piece and tied the invitation together with the natural trim.


This is the invitation tied up and ready to send.  The printed invitation was glued to the inside of the folder after being mounted to a midnight muse layer.  The rsvp card and envelope were placed inside the folder.


This was part of my gift to them and I love how it turned out.  I used the invitation to create a cover for this little ring scrapbook.  I cut the back piece from crumb cake to match the front and then laminated them both.  I put a large binder ring through them and tied the midnight muse and natural ribbon to the ring.  They can put cards and any memorabilia on this ring to create a neat little keepsake of their special day.





No comments :

Post a Comment